Before you register, it is important to know the following:
1. In order to log in to your California Pro Bono Portal account, you will need access to the email account that you use for registration.
2. If your entity already has an account and you want to participate in the Portal as a member of your entity's account, you need to contact an administrator of your entity's account and they can add you to the Portal. If your entity already has an account and you want to participate in the Portal as an individual (unassociated with your entity), proceed with the registration process.
3. Registering for the Portal does not guarantee that you will be granted an account. We review each registrant's information for accuracy and appropriateness for participating in the Portal.
4. Pro bono opportunities can only be posted on behalf of a qualifying entity, such as a nonprofit legal services organization. Individuals cannot post pro bono opportunities.
5. The Portal does not work directly with people in need of legal help. If you need legal help, please go to LawHelpCA.org.